
Ok, I didn't really swallow one yet...I hope. But holy crap, bugs are dumb. And now I have proof. Almost every night, before I go to bed, I get a glass of water, have a few sips, and put it beside my bed lest I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night. It really is a great practice. Before I started this, I don't know how many times I woke up parched at 4am, couldnt drag myself out of my comfy bed to get water, then spent the next 6 hours tossing and turning and sleeping horribly because I was so thirsty. (This same thing can happen when you wake up and have to pee, but hey, you can't win em all.)
Anyway, about the bugs: I've noticed that at least 2 times a week or so, I'll go to take a sip from my glass of water, only to find that there's a dead bug floating in it. "Wtf", I'll exclaim as I grudgingly go to get a new glass. Now, if this happened once or twice, you might just think to yourself "huh, poor bug must have just gotten unlucky and crashed in my water", and go on with your life. But this happens ALL THE TIME. If I leave an unattended glass of water in my room for long enough, a bug will fly in and drown himself WITHOUT FAIL. I don't even know where they come from. I don't think I've ever seen one of these bugs alive in my room, only dead in my water glasses. But assuming they are there, even if they were flying around completely at random, the odds of flying into my glass of half drinked water has got to be pretty small. I know my room doesn't get a lot of sun, but it's not nearly depressing enough for these guys to constantly seek out my water as a way to end their pain.
Most people are aware that bugs aren't the smartest things ever, but scientifically speaking I honestly don't know how a species can survive if the mere presence of water, even in small quantities, is enough to put its life at risk. Last I checked, a decent amount of water can be found in nature, am I right? So what gives? Are they doing this just to spite me?
You're funny. You need to move back to Utah. The end.
ReplyDeleteYou are funny. And a good writer. And I think that the bugs are bred by your sensei to test your evasive ninja skills. I would have thought you'd passed that test, since you somehow managed to not drink the bug while I was there, but I guess you haven't proven yourself quite yet.
ReplyDeleteSo you made me drink bug water as a test of my ninja skills? You could have at least warned me.
ReplyDeleteI am not your sensei
ReplyDeleteSo funny! Maybe you could get one of those mugs or something with a lid and a straw. If they're that dumb, they probably wouldn't think to climb down a straw to their ultimate demise. You guys need to come and visit us! And move back to Utah. I agree with Linds.
ReplyDelete